Prague Castle is the most popular sight visited in Prague. The castle has three courtyards and it has always been the seat of Czech rulers as well as the official residence Allow at least half a day (it does not include time for museum visits) if you want to examine it in depth.
The Prague Castle complex consists of Saint Vitus Cathedral (the most recognizable landmark in the city), viewing towers, museums and art galleries, a monastery, Golden Lane, several palaces, including Lobkowicz Palace, and St. George's Basilica; the latter being a popular venue for early evening classical concerts.
Named after the Emperor Charles IV in 19th century the Charles Bridge is Prague's most familiar monument. It was completed in 1400 and it connects the Lesser Town with the Old Town. There are marvelous views of the Vltava River Valley, the Žofín, Střelecký Island, the Old Town and the Lesser Town.
Infant Jesus of Prague
The charming statue of the Child Jesus, displayed for people to venerate in the church of Our Lady of Victory in the Lesser Town district of Prague, receives visitors from all over the world every day. People come here to pray for help, healing, or peace; some come in trust expecting the birth of a child; and many return to give thanks. The sweet face of the Child Jesus attracts visitors through its beauty. The right hand of the child is raised in blessing, while his left hand holds a sphere surmounted by a cross – the whole of our universe rests in his hands. His royal insignia express the faith that all Christians have in common – the faith in the divinity of Jesus.
St Nicholas Church
It is the dominant of the Lesser Town Square and one of central Europe's finest baroque buildings begun by Kristof Dientzenhofer, continued by his son Kilian and finished by Anselmo Lurago. The statues, frescoes and paintings inside the church are by leading artists of the day, such as Karel Škréta and Johann Kracker.
Built between 1624 and 1630 by Albrecht von Wallenstein, Generalissimo of the Habsburg armies, it was meant to overshadow even the Prague Castle. It is so large that 23 houses, three gardens and the municipal brick kiln had to be razed to make way for the palace and its grounds. There are also splendid gardens laid out as they were in those days. Now it houses the Senate of the Czech Republic.
This beautiful Baroque garden was designed by František Maxmilián Kaňka in about 1720. Statues and vases are by Mathias Brown. There is a beautiful view of Prague Castle and the Lesser Town.